Archery Technique - Drills & Skills is an
in-person one day training event for coaches.
Date: Saturday, 21 October (in-person 1 day)
Address: The Battle Back Centre, Lilleshall National Sports Centre and Conferencing Centre, Lilleshall, Newport TF10 9AT
What you need to attend: This event is open to coaches of all levels.
About the module:
This module builds on the knowledge acquired in the Session Coach module 'Introduction to Technique'. It includes more details on shooting technique and a further evolution of the drills and skills used to support the development of good shooting technique. You’ll learn the importance of using a progression of resistance, intensity, and feedback in your coaching. You’ll also learn how to use photos and video to analyse archery technique. Completion of this module counts towards Archery GB’s Development Coach (Level 2) award.
On the workshop:
This is a hands-on practical workshop for coaches to learn how to evaluate and develop their archer’s technical skills.
- Interactive presentation of Archery GB’s Technical Framework - a step by step explanation of current good shooting technique.
- Learn current coaching practices to help your archers shoot with an easy, efficient shooting technique. Including video analysis of the world’s best archers.
- Learn how to identify how your archer’s technique can improve
- Practice teaching drills and skills specific to the areas for focused improvement.
- Get hands-on supervised experience coaching one of your archers and develop a training plan to improve their technical skills (it is optional to bring an archer on day 2)
How to attend: Once payment has been made for your entry fee, you will receive a payment confirmation email with the event information.
If you have any questions about the module, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.