The January Challenge results are in - and there have been more entries than ever before.
A total of 2,347 scores were submitted, up more than 300 on 2018. They came from a total of 186 clubs, including more universities - and they showed an interesting new trend. The number of recurve entries was down 6 per cent but barebow is rocketing in popularity, up from 13 to 19 per cent of entries.
The top three archers in each category are:
- Men's beginners: Trevor Dance, Daniel McLaren, Steve Wardell
- Men's: Richard White, Matthew Gardiner, David Timmins
- Men's senior: Jon Shales, Keith Roberson, Paul Clay
- Women's beginners: Claire Walsh, Mary Cairns, Gemma Hurst
- Women's: Bela Booth, Lizzie Warner, Rachel Vines and Saira Chaudhry (joint third)
- Women's senior: Pam Johnson, Kath Hall, Karen Bryan
- Men's beginners: Steven Pepper, John Hall, Adrian Powell
- Men's: Ian Stowell, Robert Twigg, Alex Newnes
- Men's senior: Henry Evans, Mike Christison, Anthony Allen
- Women's beginners: Gillian Morton, Lorna Lacey, Emma Hartley
- Women's: Sheila Hudson, Sophie Twigg, Kathryn Sartain
- Women's senior: Sandie Graham, Lynette Fisher, Sue Davies
- Men's beginners: Jack Wood, Anthony Peacock, Ryan Anderson
- Men's: Wayne Evans, James Cornford and Kai Thomas-Prause (joint second)
- Men's senior: Simon Dingle and Julien Beauquel (joint top), Lee Miller
- Women's beginners: Julie Brooks, Catherine Hughes, Christina Cox
- Women's: Ann Rutland, Vicky Loader and Ruth Watson (joint second)
- Women's senior: Hannah Brown, Julie Yates, Sheila Harris
- Men's beginners: Iain Cope, Mike Lewis, Karl Bowles
- Men's: Mark Robertson, Danny Hickman, Glenn Studholme
- Men's senior: Derek Bett, Geoff Barker, Robert Cain
- Women's beginners: Nicole Salgado Fernandez, Sophie Percival, Charlotte Walker-Matthews
- Women's: Helen Brown, Karen Grassie, Sarah Monteith
- Women's senior: Francesca Hawker, Avril Bourke, Sue Davies.
You can download the complete results below.
Our continued thanks to Nick Beeson for his dedicated work with the January Challenge.